Happy 2016! It’s hard to believe the holidays are officially over. I’m about 3.5 weeks from having a baby so the beginning of my year is going to be exciting!
This year, things are a lot different in my life. I’m a stay at home mom to a 3-year-old with another baby on the way. I’m so happy that I’m able to focus on family and home, and get a little more blogging time in!
I’ve been doing a lot of soul searching on what I want this blog to be about, as I’ve had it for over 3 years now and never felt very clear on that subject. So I thought the beginning of a new year would be a good time to get focused, and lay it all out for my readers.
Here’s what you can expect to see upcoming on the blog:
- Health and healthy body image: Not the kind of posts that tell you what to eat, how to work out, or that you should only eat a certain way. I am going to take what I learned last year in my health coaching online course and share some of the knowledge that really hit home with me. Regarding body image, I have a lot to say on the subject and will be posting regularly about my own experiences and relevant topics that I know many women are thinking about.
- Recipes: I love cooking, and now that I’m home with a little more time to devote to meal prep, I plan to share more recipes and update some of my older ones with new photography.
- Family and photography: I’ll continue to share some milestone or special posts of what’s happening with my family, as I know I enjoy that on other blogs. It won’t be overwhelming, but I think it’s nice to get to know the author instead of just seeing the food they’re making, etc.
- New interests: I plan to share some new adventures this year. I’m hoping to take a bee keeping course, learn how to can, expand my garden, and basically be an aspiring homesteader in the middle of my small town where I do not have land and cannot raise chickens. Maybe someday…
And there’s a couple things you won’t be seeing:
- Client photography: Boo. I know. I’m not going to post pictures from my photography side hustle. I will still be taking pictures, but I’m undecided if I will share pictures from my sessions on a separate blog. If you already have a post on this blog, it will remain for the time being. And I will likely be keeping up with past and future clients on Facebook, so look me up if you need some portraits!
- Link ups: In the past I have participated in some “link ups” with other blogs that outline a day of my life, or what I’m currently into. I don’t particularly enjoying recapping every minute of my day, so I will probably not be doing those in the future. The one exception will be if it’s food related and falls in line with my recipes or eating philosphy.
That all being said, I am about to have a baby, so expect some baby pictures and a birth story, and maybe a week or two off when that happens!
Is there anything in particular you’d like to see on the blog? Let me know in the comments!