Ah, feel that fall air? I LOVE IT! Cool weather is very brief down here in the south, and I intend to enjoy every minute of it! Fall makes me think of football which makes me think of chili. There’s nothing like a warm bowl of chili while you’re tailgating…or anytime actually. It’s the perfect fall food. My crockpot chili recipe is super simple with just a few ingredients and the perfect level of spicy to please everyone. Scroll down for recipe!
And after you make the chili, don’t forget to add some toppings! I love lots of toppings on my chili so the idea of a chili bar sounds like my kind of party. I did a mini one for a recent college football game with shredded cheese, hot banana peppers, green onions, and crumbled bacon.
Let me know if you try the recipe for your fall gatherings!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 small cans tomato sauce
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 1 can light red kidney beans
- 2 packs chili seasoning mix
- Salt and pepper
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, green onion, banana peppers, hot peppers, bacon
- Brown beef (season with salt and pepper) and add to crockpot along with remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours (add salt and pepper to taste during cooking).
- For best flavor, serve it the next day.
- The flavors really get together in the best way after a night in the fridge! Just reheat individual bowls in the microwave.
- Before serving top with desired toppings and enjoy!