I am extremely humbled and honored to be the recipient of the Versatile Blogger Award, a friendly designation made by a fellow blogger!
I was nominated by Megan of Just Megan Sure. Thank you so much, Megan! This is so exciting! I’ve seen other bloggers receive these types of awards but never thought it would be me! The Versatile Blogger Award is given to bloggers with unique posts that consistently contain quality writing and photography.
The rules to receive the award are simple:
1 – Thank the person who nominated you;
2 – Link to the person’s blog;
3 – Nominate 15 people for the award and tell them; and
4 – Write 7 facts about yourself.
Here we go!!
7 Facts About Kristen:
1) I’m afraid of heights. It took me a while to come to terms with this but I just don’t like being up high where I could fall to my death. But only if I have time to think about it, like on a ferris wheel, not zipping along in a roller coaster! I am especially terrified of a chair/ski lift.
2) I don’t know what color my eyes are. My mom says they’re blue, but when I stand next to someone with really blue eyes, they don’t look blue at all. I think they are a mix of blue and green. My brother has the exact same color eyes as me.
3) I’m very particular. I get this from my grandmother, Ione. She would want to know exactly how the dishes were arranged in the tallest cabinet that she could no longer see or reach. I am now this way with the attic. My husband is the only one that goes up there (see fact #1) but I have to know exactly how everything is laid out, and I’ll never forget!
4) My dream job is to be a professional blogger. I admire my favorite big blogs that are able to make a decent salary and have relationships with companies that afford them amazing opportunities. I never get tired of blogging and love the rare days when I get to sit down for a few hours and work on my website!
5) I read the newspaper every day. I work in the news office at a local university, and it’s part of my job. I update a news clips blog about our university and higher education topics that gets sent to a large group of readers daily. I love being caught up on what’s happening and glad I have the chance to do so now. Some of you may remember my fear of the Monday current affairs quizzes we would get in my previous job. Now I would be ready!
6) The farthest away from home I’ve ever been is Sri Lanka, where I taught English in 2005. It was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I wish I could go on a trip like that every year. When I retire, I will!
7) I have been to 6 Sting concerts and 1 Police concert. The farthest I have traveled for a concert is Amsterdam. I have missed the last several tours due to a lack of money, and the fact that Sting never comes to NC anymore. So disappointing!
So the rules say to nominate 15 people, but gosh that is a lot! So I did 10. I cheated! Hope the blogging police don’t come after me!
The following are my official nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1) Amy at Come Cook With Me-What’s Cooking with Chef Amy: Love the recipes and great ideas I get from Amy’s blog.
2) Giselle at My Healthy Happy Home: Love love love this blog. It was the first one I found that I really connected with because of the mommy aspect and similar age!
3) Christa at Sit-ups & Sequins: Great recipe ideas and workouts!
4) Aisha at Aisha Kristine: Love the informational posts and her view on fashion.
5) Veronica at The Naked Decorator: So inspiring ideas and a beautiful blog. Helps me think outside the box for our fixer-upper home.
6) Sarah at Life in a Breakdown: We seem to have very similar tastes in products so I always love checking out Sarah’s blog.
7) Jamitress at Each Day With J: My real life friend’s new amazing blog. She keeps me young!
8) Amanda at Growing Up Madison: I always find great product ideas for my son here, and the reviews are wonderful with lots of photos and videos.
9) Natalia at Natalia Maks: Love the amazing photos of her travels. I get excited when this one comes to my inbox!
Thanks again Megan and Congrats to my Nominees!